Want to get paid top dollars $$ as a Barista? Watch Customers Queue Up For YOUR Coffees? Have Your Café Become the Coffee Destination? Then, This Course Is For You…
Top 3 Skills You Need To Know To Become A Professional Barista.
Did you know? “Barista” is an Italian term for a professional espresso coffee maker. In Italy, it takes 4 years to become a Barista. Baristas don’t make coffee, they “Create It”.
Here are Top 3 skills you must know to become a professional Barista:
- You need to make a killer coffee every time
Look, first you need to know what a great coffee should look like and taste like. Then you need to know how to make them right every time. Your customer comes back for your coffee because they trust you can make the same quality coffee every time.
2. How to impress your clients with your stunning latte art
I still remember 7 years ago how impressed I was when I visited a well-known busy café. The Barista made me a take away coffee with the lid on, can you imagine my surprise when I took off the lid and saw a beautiful Rosetta underneath? I was very impressed! I have since gone back many times and told many people this story. Can you imagine if you will have the skills to pour latte art every time? You will soon build up a loyal client base.
- How to pump out multiple coffees that always look and taste great.
A professional Barista needs to pump out many coffees during coffee rush. So you need to be fast as well! When you can make coffees that look and taste great, and fast, that’s when you become a professional Barista that commands high pay and build up a loyal customer base. If you are buying or starting a cafe, or even own a cafe, this is how you build up a cafe. Click here for more info on cafe buying and building.
So how do you become skilled in these areas? Well, our Professional Barista course will prepare you with the skills and knowledge needed to become a top Barista. Here’s what will be covered in this course:
Session 1 – Professional Coffee Making – 4 hours
During this session, you will:
· Learn the history of coffee
· How coffee is blended and roasted
· Learn how a good coffee should look, smell and taste;
· Experience some great and bad coffee examples
· Learn to achieve a perfect extraction. Under extraction is too weak/watery/sour, over extraction means burnt/bitter coffee
· Hands on Practice on the coffee machines in our training room
· Why is milk so important?
· What is the right temperature?
· How to texture silky creamy milk?
· What are the different types of coffee served in a cafe?
· How to make these coffees such as a Latte, Cappuccino, Long back…
· How the espresso machine works and how to do basic maintenance tasks such as grind setting, dose setting and grind adjustment
· How to clean and check equipment such as seal and shower screens
· How to adjust an incorrect grind to achieve a perfect 30ml in 30 seconds extraction…
Session 2 – Coffee Art, 2 hours,
During this 2-hour session, you will learn:
- How to practise advanced milk texturing
- How to Create beautiful coffee art that will get people talking and excited
- Learn how to make those artistic finishing touches to your espresso coffees
- Impress your customers, friends or family with your creativity
Some designs will blow you away! Various designs will be shown and after some basic instruction you will be able to create some incredible milk designs on your coffee. Free pouring is also demonstrated so that you can see how this highly technical process is performed.
How Long Is The Course and When?
What is the investment?
This is a 2-part course over a total of 6 hours. Session 1 covers a 4-hour Professional Coffee Making Course. Session 2 covers a 2-hour coffee art skills.
Here is what you’ll receive:
- Free Professional Coffee Making DVD, valued at $55
- A certificate detailing what you’ve learned
- Detailed course notes & instructions
- Each class is limited to max 6 people so you will receive one-on-one teaching from our professional Barista.
- Unlimited use of coffee and milk
- 1/2 hour 1-on-1 personal coaching on coffee making, job hunting or cafe buying/building advice. Appointment essential.
- Bonus Espresso Machine Purchase Rebate $150.You’ll receive $150 rebate if you purchase any espresso machine package from us. This includes any domestic or commercial espresso machine
When: Timetable as below - both sessions now on ONE DAY!
10am - 4.30pm
Session 1 - Coffee Making Class (4 hours): Saturdays, 10am-2pm
Session 2 - Advanced Latte Art Class (2 hours): Saturdays, 2.30-4.30pm
March 18th 2017
May 27th 2017
July 15th 2017
Sept 23rd 2017
Dec 2nd 2017
How Much: $320 per person.
Here is what some students have to say after they did the course.
We had an amazing 400% increase in our coffee sales and 30% in food sales! We had a business broker valued our business and were pleasantly surprised know that our cafe is worth $100,000 more in a short space of 6 months! Thank you and the course is the best investment we’ve ever made!
…John & Cecil, Bay Diners, Cheltenham, Melbourne
For someone who doesn’t have any experience in
the industry, this course is really helpful. I came
from Japan and wanted to look for a job. This
coffee course gave me confidence and skill needed
to apply for a job. I work in a CBD café within 1 month after I did the class. Thank you for the support and the attention during my training session to improve my skills. I was really happy and impressed with the results I achieved.
…Rika Nabuchi, Melbourne CBD, currently working in Piadina Café
Here are 3 ways to Book Into Your Next Course:
1. Book Online via our Cafe Coach website
(Here you can find even more courses and workshops as well as other helpful information)
2. Call NOW on 1300-462633 (1300-Go Coffee) to reserve your place in these high demand professional classes
3. Email us with your name, phone number and preferred dates. We will call you back ASAP.
You can get even more information about the Professional Barista Course by visiting the